Saturday 2 March 2024

Summerton Club Small batch 03: Adnams 10yo Single Malt

  Whisky Review 

Small batch 03: Adnams 10yo Single Malt Whisky 

(Summerton Club Whisky release

ABV: 48.8%

Maturation: ex Jim Beam bourbon casks 

"sweet, toffee pennies and vanilla fudge with a hint of spice to add depth,"

Nose: 

As i raise the glass to my nose I instantly recognise the influence of the Jim Beam casks on this dram. I get cereal notes and toffee pennies with a touch of lime zest. Searching for anything else, I get freshly made vanilla fudge. There's something a little floral too, but now its time to go in....

Taste:

Slow to develop on the palate, I get biscuit and dates. Aniseed and black pepper. Something summery about it and again I get the toffee pennies on the palate. Its a sweet dram and the Jim Beam influence is certainly there. It feels like a sweet, summery dram and I'm certainly enjoying it. 

Summary:

Very enjoyable and an easy-sipper at this abv. Very approachable and it's a dram which I imagine ill consume fairly quickly. I really enjoy  its character being sweet, toffee pennies and vanilla fudge with a hint of spice to add depth, A great pick by the Summerton Club. 


Score: 

6/10

Its enjoyable and it ticks many boxes in terms of natural colour and non-chill filtered. It's a dram which has already developed nicely as I've went back to it. A good release and one I'm happy to have on my shelf, if only for a short while... 

*This whisky was self-purchased and the above review reflects my personal opinions only. 

No comments:

Post a Comment